Five Key Points to Be Noticed in the Machining of Spring Collet Chuck
In addition to the indirect impact of spring chuck quality on the final application effect, it is also the focus of customer selection. What points should manufacturers pay attention to when grinding? As a professional manufacturer, we have the following key points:
1. The conical surface of the finisher chuck is guaranteed by using the threaded tire to ensure the turning accuracy of the chuck body on all sides of the finisher, and after drilling equal holes, the conical surface of the car element is again drilled. When the conical surface of the car is driven by the threaded surface, we design a kind of threaded tire, which can ensure the turning accuracy of the conical surface of the car. As shown in the following drawing, the chuck is first screwed onto the thread tyre, then the thread tyre is mounted on the spindle of the machine tool, and the cutting spring chuck is expanded with a knife holder above the pallet.
2. Milling grooves: When milling grooves above chucks, the end milling cutter is used to milling 20mm *40mm hexagonal grooves first, and then the slice milling cutter is used to milling narrow grooves with 3mm width, but this groove can never be milled through, and the end face has 3-4mm connecting bars, so that the chuck body remains as a whole, so as to ensure that the chucks do not deform after thermal treatment and finish grinding the guide surfaces of the chucks. degree
After grinding, the clamp should be cooled, but the proper parts should be disposed of. The head and tail of the clamp should be quenched. The hardness of the clamp should be about 40-45HRC, and the lower part of the clamp should never be quenched, so as to ensure the elasticity of the clamp.
3. Grinding the conical surface of the chuck: When grinding the conical surface of the chuck, the same thread tyre is used to ensure the grinding accuracy. Conical surface is one of the key locating surfaces in the clamping process of the chuck. The poor and good accuracy of the conical surface indirectly impacts the accuracy of the whole chuck. The designer has a set of thread tyre clamping chucks for grinding and grinding. The guide datum still adopts the thread surface. After grinding, the conical surface can reach 0.1 mm in the same axis of the thread surface.
4. Inner diameter of spring chuck: Grinding inner diameter tyre is used to ensure grinding accuracy. The inner diameter of chuck is also a positioning surface. The chuck inner diameter is used to clamp the workpiece, and the chuck is used to clamp the workpiece again. Therefore, the accuracy of inner diameter also indirectly impacts the precision of the workpiece being grinded. Therefore, it is suggested that the inner diameter and conical surface must be fixed. Our designer has a special clamp for grinding inner diameter tire. This tire is positioned on this conical surface. The grinding principle is shown in the following figure. After grinding, the inner diameter of the chuck is equal to that of the conical surface with the same axis, usually up to 0.02 mm.
5. Spring chuck guide surface: the same use of threaded tyres to ensure grinding accuracy. The guide surface plays a guiding role in the chuck. It is suggested that the guide surface and the conical surface must be fixed. The screw tyre clamping chuck used for grinding conical surfaces is still used. The grinding principle is shown in the following figure. After grinding, the guide surface can reach 0.04 mm with the same axis relative to the conical surface. The accuracy of the chuck is achieved through the processing technology and guarantee measures of more than five parts, but the poor and good accuracy of the chuck in the chuck also indirectly impacts the accuracy of the whole chuck.
The above is our spring chuck manufacturer's processing suggestions, more other processing problems, if you still have relevant questions, you can call us!